We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme/Technology Management Officer (Lead)
- Agbetuntun Programme is a DFID UK-funded Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL), and aims to implement a digitized platform for sustainable and commercial approach to Agribusiness with focus on Southwest Nigeria.
- The aim is to ensure food security and improving the livelihoods of smallholder farmers across the Southwest through the introduction of Digitalized Value Chain Agricultural Finance & Support Systems.
- Leading the implementation of the Agbetuntun Programme Workplan through providing technical and strategic leadership and oversight of the Programme Operations.
Responsibility and Accountabilities
- Coordinate and lead the implementation and delivery of the Agbetuntun Programme Workplan across identified states in South-West Nigeria.
- Manage and coordinate PMO project staff to oversee daily program operations.
- Facilitate and/or assist to facilitate the training for project staff where necessary.
- Oversee and review project strategy and activities related to the implementation of the project according to the project/programme brief.
- Provide technical assistance for the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategy. Subsequently oversee project’s M&E system, ensuring the provision of quality data on a timely basis for internal project management and external reporting purposes.
- Assist the Programme Sponsor to establish linkages with private sector service providers and buyers for accessing new farm and non-farm enterprise opportunities and in the negotiation of market contracts and MOUs with selected private sector partners.
- Assist Programme Sponsor in developing and implementing suitable strategy for sustained investment and program funding.
- Attend to other duties as directed by the Programme Executives.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree (Master’s preferably) in agricultural economics/extension or related field.
- 5-7 years’ international experience in agro-business development
- Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial institutions, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers or processors)
- Experience with community-based programming
- Experience in small to medium scale agro-enterprise management
- Experience with externally funded development programmes would be desirable, preferably with experience in market-oriented projects
- Experience in dealing with local interlocutors (local NGOs, government ministries) preferably in an African context
- Fluency in English.
- Candidate must be based or willing to relocate/ work out of the project office in Ibadan.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com