We are recruiting to fill the below position below:
Job Title: IECHP (Information, Education, Communication and Health Promotion) Activity Manager
Reference No MM014
Location: Pulka, Gwoza LGA, and Borno
Main Objective of the Position
- Assess, define, implement and supervise all the Health Promotion (IEC) activities in the project area, by assessing knowledge of the target group on a health risk, promoting MSF services, increasing knowledge of the target population around their health, support of preventive activities and collaboration to improve the services, and managing the staff involved in the activity according to MSF protocols and values.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Analysis of the context (local culture, traditions, habits, health perception) to adapt health activities and support the social mapping (villages, populations, actors) ;
- Define and update the HP/IEC strategy and related activities through annual project and budget plan (objectives, target population, campaigns, messages, activities, specific actions, etc.)
- Identify indicators in order to monitor HP activities results, achievement and use the concrete tools to measure and follow up those activities;
- Supervise the HP/IEC team and their activities, in and outside health facilities, reporting difficulties and progress as well as adapting format and content when necessary ;
- Assess, develop and adapt HP/IEC materials according to the needs of the project. Ensure content and format have been pre-tested with target groups in order to ensure the adequacy, relevance, full understanding of the messages;
- Liaise with other relevant actors (national and International NGO’s , authorities) also involved in prevention activities, analysing interventions and building cooperative relationships and advocacy, in order to enhance the influence of the campaigns and messages and to improve awareness among the targeted population;
- Plan and supervise the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and internal communication) of the IEC / HP staff of the project. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department, the administration manager and project coordinator and according to MSF vision, values and procedures;
- Ensure regular collaboration and coordination with the MSF medical team, to guarantee that the HP is part of medical activities and contribute to the medical objectives of the project.
- For OCBA: Knows protocol(s) for Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) and ensure its application. Identifies possible victims of SGBV and refers them to the medical team for treatment according to protocol(s).
- For OCBA: Ensures that HP/IEC participates in counseling services when needed, specially including Prevention Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) and Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VTC).
- For OCBA: Lead focus-group discussions with target groups in order to ensure the adequacy, relevance, broadcasting and full awareness of the messages ensuring they are worded in a pedagogic manner.
- Participates in the monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, statistical reports, etc.)
- Essential, university Degree in Social Sciences, Social Communication, Health Promotion or related studies.
- Essential, working experience of in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research), preferably with MSF
- Experience in qualitative research is a plus Languages Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract).
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their Applications, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant certificates to: email@example.com
Hard Copy Applications should be sent to:
MSF Spain Pulka office,
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.