Head of eCommerce Transformation, Europe
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: UK-Office based with flexibility to work from home
Reporting to: Head of Business Transformation, based in the US
Elavon is wholly owned by U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) and provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than 1.3 million customers in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Elavon employs about 3,600 people located worldwide. Together, we support more than one million clients spread among the retail, restaurant, hospitality, government, healthcare, education, and e-commerce sectors. Elavon utilizes a white-label branding model, and we work with strong partners to market our services through a variety of sales channels, including large financial institutions, community banks, trade associations, government agencies, and ISOs/MSPs. We are the:
- #1 airline processor
- #2 hospitality processor
- #4 U.S. acquirer, based on bank card volume
- #6 European acquirer
Elavon’s Global Acquiring Solutions organization is part of U.S. Bank’s Payment Services division. U.S. Bancorp is the fifth-largest commercial bank in the United States.
Your career is here at Elavon
It’s an exciting time to be in the payments industry, and at Elavon, we know our company is only as strong as our people. We are constantly on the lookout for strong team members who can provide value and superior service to our customers and partners worldwide. Elavon is committed to a diverse workplace, and we celebrate the individuality of each member of our global team.
We provide benefits to help you protect your health and financial security; they also give you peace of mind. We invest in your career growth with development resources that give you the opportunity to stretch and shine.
We draw strength from diversity
At Elavon, embracing diversity and fostering inclusion are business imperatives. We view everything we do through a diversity and inclusion lens to deepen our relationships with our stakeholders.
Elavon is currently seeking a Head of EU eCommerce Transformation who will be a part of the Global eCommerce team. This role will be responsible for leading the development and project management of initiatives reducing the frictions in our eCommerce and Integrated Payments businesses. This role will liaise heavily with the Head of eCommerce and Head of Integrated Payments in Europe identifying key opportunities to drive revenue and reduce costs.
Essential functions include:
- Directs and monitors project activity for an assigned functional area.
- Participates in meeting and task force activities to identify project goals, gains consensus on project steps, schedule and implementation procedures and estimates project costs; fosters cooperation and involvement from support team.
- Interviews users to identify and analyze needs; develops a project plan and provides input to recommendations for request and/or problem resolution.
- Identifies internal and/or external resources to ensure successful project completion.
- Prepares project status reports; makes alterations in project plan as needed.
- Assists with or prepares project implementation steps and documentation as appropriate; ensures a smooth implementation of project; resolves problems.
- Participates in training users as applicable.
- Participates in project evaluation against estimated plans and costs; provides continuing support and service as required.
- Manages performance of project team, and evaluates overall performance.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Build an eCommerce Transformation Specialists team (the role holder will recruit and manage 2 direct reports initially)
- Support and lead Business Enablement for all PSO (Enterprise) projects that impact eCommerce and Integrated Sales processes
- Lead and manage business initiatives focused on revenue realization or cost saving measures
- Partner with other Change organizations to support cross channel/organization initiatives
- Create and manage sales tools that support new initiatives
- Develop and provide effective communication to impacted business lines
- Support and document new and ongoing sales processes for both sales and partners
- Ideate and support channel leaders on new opportunities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Experience & Skills required:
- Requires strong management, leadership and organizational skills.
- Proven project management experience.
- Highly organized with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- MBA/MS degree or equivalent work experience
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Dynamic self-starter, results driven who will thrive and function with a high degree of autonomy and demonstrate an ability to be extremely versatile.
- The jobholder will need to carry personal gravitas and be an excellent communicator who is able to influence an Executive audience of decision makers in-order to create buy-in to ideas.
- Similarly they must be accomplished at sharing, collaborating and portraying ideas across a broad range of business areas.
- Customer Centric with a strong Business Acumen
- Blend of persistence, commitment, passion and optimism
- Readiness to travel to support meetings