Young Person Support Worker
(Published at 14-06-2018)
My Client is a leading Provider of care to young people and children and is looking to recruit support workers to cover temporary / ad hoc shift work, this position is based in the Mansfield area.
The young people are aged between 16-18, care leavers and you will need to engage with them to help with all aspects of their lives in preparation for them becoming independent.
NVQ 3 Children and Young People – Preferable
1 years experience in a similar setting
- To provide 24/7 Support to Vulnerable People within a shared or independent unit.
- To provide children with support in school and out of school
- To assist the Young Person’s allocated Social Worker in the delivery of the service.
- Experience of working in a residential unit is essential.
- Experience of Challenging Behaviour
- Experience of Mental Health
- To accurately record, create, maintain and update manual and electronic records in respect of the Young People.
- To observe and maintain strict confidentiality in respect of the Young People, Clients and Company.
- Sleepover shifts are required.
- Provide transport/escort to Service Users as directed
- Conduct welcome and induction for Service Users
- Basic assessment of Service Users’ needs
- Provide ongoing support and monitoring of Service Users
- Assist in welfare and NHS issues
- Preparation of reports
- Arrange appointments with various partner agencies
- Maintaining regular contact with Service Users
- Informing Service Users of support groups
- Assist Move-On of Service Users
Immediate starts are available with a DBS subscribed to the online update service.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £10.00 /hour
- Support Environment: 2 years
- Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
- DBS Certificate
- NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People
- Driving License