Senior Welding Engineer based in West Bromwich.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Welding Engineer, specialising in welding engineer consultancy and independent verification of welding qualifications.
Our Client is a global insurance-based financial services provider with over 60,000 employees in 170 countries. They have been helping their customers to identify, manage and control engineering business risks for over 80 years.
They have a national team of approximately 500 highly trained and experienced Engineer Surveyors that help our customers comply with a wide range of legislation through independent in-service examinations of plant and machinery.
We understand that recent changes to directives and legislation have seen welding quality and specifications become a key requirement in today’s manufacturing market.
The fully qualified and experience team of Welding Engineers can offer any business a full technical review of specifications and design, as well as identify any specific and product standard requirements for your specific manufacturing needs.
As a Welding Engineer you’ll have a wide variety of responsibilities. These include:
- Reviewing design and contract specific specifications and identifying qualification requirements to the customer.
- Working with a team of engineers and metallurgists to investigate and establish welding related failure investigations.
- Reviewing mechanical, metallurgical and chemical testing results in conformance with European and International standards.
- Preparing documentation in accordance with the relevant welding specification standard.
- Responsible for the technical and financial control of projects.
- Allocating time for business development.
- Preparing and presenting training material for internal staff and external customers.
- Responding to quotations in a timely and professional manner.
- Minimum Qualification Requirements
- HNC or HND in Fabrication, Welding & Inspection
- Diploma in Welding Engineering Technology
- Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
Preferred Qualification Requirements
- European Welding Engineer (EWE)
- International Welding Engineer (IWE)
- Master of Science in Welding Engineering (MSc)
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Thorough knowledge of relevant manufacturing legislations, e.g. PED, CPR/CPD, SPVD.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of welding processes.
- Extensive expertise of welding qualification standards, including EN/ISO, ASME & AWS.
- A good understanding of material applications.
- Understanding of quality management and accreditation requirements.
- Appreciation of new construction and in-service products.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Demonstrates impartiality and integrity.
- Manages and ensures projects managed in a timely and profitable manner.
- Ensures projects are delivered
- Supports business development and identifies opportunities.
- Embraces a continuous improvement culture.
Salary – is competitive (in line with Experience)
(Charles Francis Cooper are acting as an employment agency)
Job Type: Full-time