Transport and Business Administration Apprentice
LAMBERT BROTHERS HOLDINGS LTD
in Eastleigh SO50
(Published at 12-06-2018)
To primarily support the Transport department in a very busy and dynamic office environment, dealing with customers, colleagues both locally and within the Group, professionally. The role will involve regular verbal communication with operating functions and other Palletline network members plus data input into Excel, internet and bespoke administrative systems. The role will also provide a framework to simultaneously gather a knowledge and understanding of vehicle operations including planning, scheduling, costings and legal frameworks and supervision of drivers.
- Using our bespoke IT systems uploading data accurately and efficiently
- Communicating with drivers to ensure deliveries/collections are achieved or to provide updates to the team or customers
- Dealing with customer queries
- Scanning and filing documents
- Gain understanding of Company and Group policies and procedures and abiding by these
- Ensure high standard of housekeeping
- To support and proactively engage with Group initiatives, policies and procedures;
- Abide by Health and Safety standards
- To ensure all learning outcomes are achieved
- The above list is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the company
Full training will be given in order to complete the above duties to the best of your ability.
- IT Literate
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to details
GCSE in maths and English (A-C) or equivalent.
If the apprentice proves to be successful with his/her duties, the role may be expanded once the apprenticeship is completed.
Recent jobs at LAMBERT BROTHERS HOLDINGS LTD