To effectively deliver all works to agreed productivity levels.
Carry out effective fault management to ensure delivery of unit cost requirements.
Undertake and develop appropriate skills associated with work on substations, cables and overhead lines that
make up the distribution network.
Contributes as effective member of Energy Networks
Supervision of Contractors
Data capture including time sheets and as built records
Ensure all site works carried out safely, including acting as the nominated person in charge of safety for the
duration of all works attended whilst ensuring all network operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner
and in accordance with company policy and safety rules..
Undertake programmed, post fault and fault switching on the HV and LV networks as appropriately authorised. To
include the operation of underground and overhead networks and the issue and receipt of appropriate safety
documents as appropriately authorised
Carries out operational switching on the network as appropriately authorised and directed including fault finding and
Strives to eliminate customer complaints as an on-site representative of the company
Perform stand-by duties as agreed with the company to allow for the restoration of customer supplies and network
discrepancies impacting network security.
Job planning including obtaining materials, vehicles and equipment
- Manage the development of assigned trainees including apprentices, skills seekers, adult craft trainees etc.
- Carry out site and operational risk assessments on your team and associated contractors.
- Ensure awareness of and compliance with Company Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and update
them on particular issues as they arise working with your team towards a zero accident culture.
- Capture feedback and issues from Operational Safety and Compliance Audits, Quality Audits etc and address any
- Deliver excellent customer service to all aspects of your operation. Actively promote and strive to achieve
customer service standards within area of responsibility
- Take responsibility and accountability for tasks and activities and contributes to the achievement of team goals by
providing support, advice, encouragement, clear direction and coaching when appropriate
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Expert at main trade skill
- Sound knowledge of Energy Networks policies, procedures and working practices
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Awareness of network development policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of network and business data and network management systems.
- Contract & Service Level Agreement (SLA ) management and general commercial & regulatory awareness.
- Ability to devise solutions to complex problems/challenges.
- Ability to communicate with customers and colleagues.
- Use of electrical test equipment.
- City & Guilds ll or equivalent electrical qualification
- Craft Apprenticeship or equivalent training
- Full valid driving licence
This opportunity will offer
ROLE BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Salary from £ 23807 to £29759 depending on experience & other company benefits including Stakeholder Pension
plan, training and development, generous annual leave and flexible benefits of your choice.
- Location: Middlewich
- No of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Type: Perm
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Selection Method: e.g. Competency Based Interview
- Competencies: Customer Focus, Team Work, Communicating & Influencing, Achieving results & continuous
CLOSING DATE: 6th July 2018
‘Happy to discuss flexible working’