About The Company
They are part of a major network and operate as the Performance / Digital arm of the Group around the Globe.
They work in partnership with clients to deliver fantastic, innovative campaigns that drive results and work with some of the world’s biggest brands
Responsible for leading and developing the SEO technical team, supporting the Business Director & Head of SEO in building the offering, driving department growth across existing group clients and building executional innovation into the department’s operations.
As the SEO Director, you will be a confident leader, responsible for managing a team of 3 account managers across the 4 different client accounts as well training and educating the wider SEO team.
You will be responsible for furthering product development, establishing best practice processes across all disciplines and transforming industry developments into innovative strategies to better optimise all owned platforms. You will also take a leading role in defining their approach to insight, data and technology.
- Thorough understanding of SEO, UX, CRO, ASO and Marketplace Optimisation.
- Working with other SEO Directors to develop end-to-end processes for all SEO, UX, CRO, ASO products.
- Creation of proposals and statements of work, alongside a clear, comprehensive strategy as and when required.
- Leading communication across all key accounts on the technical SEO strategy.
- Ensure team delivers best practice SEO and carry out duties to client satisfaction by delivering on client KPIs.
- Leading client education on new SEO products where appropriate.
- Create realistic organic search, Marketplace, App Store & CRO projections, based on accurate data and a valid methodology, presented to clients in an understandable way.
- Collaboration with senior leadership team to determine future-facing strategy and potential new areas for growth.
- Support the team Business Director on the management and reconciliation of team resource and budgets, delivered to the Head of SEO on a monthly basis.
- Responsibility for your team and the work they produce, including strategic direction, product development, technical recommendations and KPI’s.
- Working with the SEO Managers to ensure all technical SEO methodologies are adhered to across the entire team.
- Managing the pipeline of technical SEO work and supporting SEO Managers in meeting their deliverables.
- Line-management of all individuals within the team.
- Overall responsibility for team’s performance, pastoral needs and development of junior team progression.
- Recruitment process for new team members including work experience, grad-scheme, contract and permanent positions, as well as management of our PSL and collaboration with our talent team.
- Leading team education and running technical SEO training sessions.
- Responsible for training, progression and personal development of all team members.
Relationships (Internal & External)
The following internal and external relationships will need to be built and continually improved:
- Respected director-led relationship with direct team members. Ability to both professionally nurture and critique team members.
- Close working relationship with the Owned Strategy Business Director & Head of SEO.
- Continual collaboration with department and alignment with goals and objectives set.
- Lead HR & performance management requirements as arise.
- Friendly, professional relationship with all clients.
- Collaborative relationship with third-party agencies, even if they have conflicting services or agendas.
- Positive relationships with suppliers and creation of new initiatives to allow them to continue to expand our service. Such as PI Datametrics, Google Optimise and others.
- Support team to pitch new business ideas to existing clients.
Expected to independently travel to internal and external meetings, occasionally outside the UK in Europe.
Skills & Experience
Minimum of five years’ proven experience of working within a fast-paced agency environment working with enterprise-level clients.
Minimum of two years’ proven experience line-managing a team of SEO, ideally within an agency, SEO or digital marketing environment.
Have a point of view on the latest SEO technology developments.
Expert understanding of how websites and webservers work.
Good understanding of the workings of HTML and CSS.
Solid understanding of CRO A/B and multivariate tests
Thorough understanding of how to measure impact of technical optimisations across platforms on discovery engines through analytics platforms and other external metrics.
Thorough understanding of how to identify organic search opportunities, set business-relevant KPIs, forecast the impact of activity on client KPIs and estimate expected return-on-investment.
Thorough understanding of key SEO, CRO, ASO and Amazon insight tools required to complete SEO deliverables backed by data – including MajesticSEO, SEMRush, aHref, PI Datametrics & Google Optimise, AMS.
Understanding of how to use search trends, demographic and user-behaviour data to reinforce an owned-first strategy.
Confident, comfortable and professional when communicating with clients and third-parties.
Confident leading and inspiring a team.
Ability to establish clear directions for the team; set stretching objectives; distribute the workload appropriately; layout work in well-planned and organised manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; create strong morale and spirit in his/her team
Ability to provide challenging tasks and assignments; hold frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them. Pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organisation;
An entrepreneurial mind-set and work-ethic.
Proven experience of leading new business processes including the co-ordination and presenting of a pitch presentation to potential clients.
Proven experience of identifying new ways of using industry leading technologies to further reinforce the services offered to clients.
Experience of working with CRO and UX teams.
English, grades A-C (or equivalent).
Post-graduate or undergraduate degree in relevant subject (or equivalent).
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do his/her job at a high level of accomplishment, in line with his/her position in the organisation and his/her seniority. Has a good command of the field.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external and/or internal clients; grasps opportunities to sell in SEO products even when not in scope, gets client information and uses it for improvements in product services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plan.
Drive for Results
Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful or acting with a minimum of planning; seize opportunities and is very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and other for results.
Relationships and Teamwork
Is seen as a team player and is collaborative, easily gains trust and support of peers; Encourage collaborations; Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interest and yet be fair to other groups.