£26,000 to £30,000 DOE
iomart is one of the leading providers of cloud computing and managed hosting. Headquartered in Glasgow, iomart employs over 350 talented staff in offices and datacentres across the UK. Originally founded in 1998, it is listed on the London Stock Exchange and specialises in delivering cloud consultancy, facilitation and digital transformation to ISVs, SMEs, enterprises and the UK public sector.
iomart’s employees help enable any size of business and organisations to operate their online data and IT environments safely and securely. Our technical staff are experts in public, private and hybrid cloud solutions – including AWS and Microsoft Azure – as well as data centre and network engineering. iomart owns and operates a network of UK data centres connected by a high capacity private fibre network and backed by 24/7 technical support.
iomart Group plc is delighted to offer this opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading managed hosting companies.
- You will be a technically gifted individual
- You will have a great understanding of customer service and a strong desire to get involved in your job and go the extra mile
- You will be used to working on deployments racking, configuring servers etc.
- You will have experience of working on a Technical Support Helpdesk
- Work as part of the support service team to ensure we meet our SLA targets
- Liaise with internal/external customers to understand technical requirements and resolve issues as quickly as possible and with minimum customer impact
- Resolving customer issues via ticket/telephone and escalating support requests to relevant subject matter experts
- RHCT and an MCSE/MCSA Server 2008/2012 qualifications are desirable, however, minimum skills required Windows and/or Linux 2nd line administration skills
- Experience of 24×7 shift working, ideally within a Datacentre environment
- Exceptional technical customer support or Helpdesk experience
- Ability to take ownership of problems and their solutions. You will be organised, reliable and highly motivated with great interpersonal skills. A ‘yes we can’ attitude and first class communication skills are also key
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012, IIS, Active Directory
- Exposure to RedHat/CentOS/Debian/CloudLinux
- VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, KVM
- Good understanding of networking basics, OSI networking model
- Switch configurations
- Resolving customer issues via ticket/telephone and escalating support requests whenever necessary
- Managing and maintaining our monitoring queues for all iomart and customer infrastructure alerts
- Server configuration and network support/administration
- Managing backups
- Monitoring networks and servers
- Managing tasks in the Datacentre environment and liaising with maintenance personnel
- Responding to issues within agreed SLA’s
What do we offer in return?
- Free lunch once a month
- ½ Day off on your Birthday
- Breakfast on us every day, including a hot roll on Fridays
- Free on-site car parking
- Long service benefits
- Snacks, drinks and fruit all day, everyday
- Share save and childcare voucher schemes
Training & Development
As you can gather, we have a relaxed and friendly working environment but don’t be fooled; you will be working with some of the country’s best talent and greatest technical experts. We want our people to thrive, prosper and to leave work every day feeling valued and that they have made a difference. Talented, motivated and creative people lie at the heart of our success so we invest heavily in our people and their professional and personal development through technical certification, our online training portal and our Management and Leadership Development Programme.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year