Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience.
The Company: Woodway Engineering Ltd is an established SME, which has been in business for over 50 years. We are the UK Master Distributor for Whelen Engineering (USA) and the market leader in the supply of light bars and siren systems into the UK Police, Fire and Ambulance services.
In addition, Woodway has designed a range of vehicle mast systems equipped with high specification camera systems which are providing new and exciting opportunities both in the UK and internationally. We are an engineering B2B company so do not deal with the general public.
Woodway is a growing company and its vision is to be recognised as a key provider of bespoke innovative solutions for niche and growing markets.
The role: In alignment to the company’s vision, the job role will offer an exciting opportunity for the individual to be involved with new product development opportunities, to meet customer and market needs. Reporting to the Directors, you would be required to run and manage R&D projects ensuring delivery of tangible outcomes. An outgoing personality is essential. You will be required to interact both internally with staff and externally with customers. Essential requirements for this job include:
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent- Good overall knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics disciplines
- Commercial/Business experience
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Project Management- Knowledge of using project management software such as Microsoft project
- Leadership skills
- People management skills
- Budget management skills
- Process implementation skills
- Good interpersonal skills (1:1 and presentations)
- Reporting skills
- Good ICT skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Entrepreneurial and Ambitious
- Ability to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment
The other nice to haves for this position:
- New product development process management skills
- CAD Design skills
- Design for manufacture knowledge
- Supply chain management knowledge
- Knowledge in Lean/Agile methodologies
- Intellectual property knowledge
- ISO 9001 system knowledge
- Make/Buy analysis knowledge
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Technical writing skills
- CE Marking knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Risk management skills
A full UK driving license is a necessity with this position.
Job Type: Full-time