Senior Engineer – Groundworks – West London/Central London
CAREY GROUP ARE RECRUITING – FOR EXCELLENCE.
At Careys – We Care
We cultivate innovation – encourage ideas – nurture a sense of belonging – challenge the status quo.
We do things differently.
Interested in joining our team?
Would you like to join our team working on our expanding portfolio of civils works on our Air projects based in Central London/West London?
We have a development opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join our engineering team.
Our Engineers perform a technical, organisational and supervisory role on construction and other site engineering projects. Beyond their technical role, they work as part of the site management team, sharing responsibility for quality, health and safety, and the organisation and supervision of material and human resources.
Essential & Desired experience/Qualifications
- BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrable site engineering experience
- Groundworks experience; including drainage, service diversions & pavement works
- Experience of overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for use in the construction, and agreeing prices for items
- Experience of planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities to meet an agreed programme of deadlines
- Compiling Risk Assessments and Method statements (RAMS)
- Liaising with any consultants and/or sub-contractors engaged in the project
- Attending regular meetings with clients, architects and consultants, and keeping them informed of progress
- Supervising and monitoring the site labour force and monitoring the work of any subcontractors
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensuring that regulations are adhered to
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may arise.
- Must have relevant, up to date CSCS Card
Built on strong, robust finances, the Carey Group is a rapidly-growing, multi-disciplinary construction company, delivering both minor and major contracts, operating as a Specialist or Principal Contractor in support of our construction partners on some of the most significant, £multi-million schemes throughout England, Scotland & Ireland.
- Construction Enquirer 2016 award winner ‘The Best Company to Work for’ 2016
- Irish Post Awards 2016 ‘Building Britain’ category 2016/li>
- Construction News winner of ‘Structural Specialist of the Year’ 2016
- Construction News winner ‘Specialist Contractor of the Year’ 2016 (T.E. Scudder)/li>
- Construction News winner ‘Specialist Contractor of the Year’ 2016 (PJC Civil Engineering)
- Carey Group PLC are proud to be an*
Job Type: Permanent