Do you have experience with the UK power market, and can you create results in a large company, cooperating across departments and locations?
Join us and become Senior Back Office Specialist in our Business Services department where you’ll be responsible for developing settlement solutions for new products using your knowledge about the UK power market and your ability to create and maintain an overview of several data sources.
You’ll become part of a dedicated team that focuses on optimising and developing our power and gas settlement processes.
You’ll preferably be working from our office in Virum in the Greater Copenhagen area, but our London office is also an option.
Your key tasks will be to
- build and maintain an operational platform for correct settlement of energy contracts, in close cooperation with the company and your colleagues in the Back Office team
- support in establishing a best practice within the company, relating to collecting, storing and using energy data
- ensure a structure for efficient energy data management for the UK market within the company, utilising your knowledge about balancing mechanisms, data flows, validation cycles, etc.
- ensure compliance with EDM standards of the market, i.e. standards defined by Elexon, National Grid, Ofgem, etc.
- stay informed on key market developments and industry news in order to build up and maintain solutions to support the business.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in economics, math, engineering or similar
- have experience working in a UK supplier company, where you have gained a thorough understanding of the UK electricity market – incl. knowledge of energy data flows between the TSO, DSO & connected assets
- have experience working with semi-structured data and using this data in a business context
- have experience with stakeholder management and can create results and cooperate in a large organisation
- speak and write English fluently.
Furthermore, you have experience in leading small projects or change management activities. You have a commercial and dedicated mindset as well as a proactive and systematic approach to your tasks, and you thrive in an international environment.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 24 June 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Gitte Hegner, Senior Manager of Back Office by telephone on +45 99 55 46 98 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 5,600 employees develop, construct and operate offshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. In Ørsted Finance, we support the business in making optimal decisions and ensure healthy and proper financial management. For more information on Ørsted, visit Ørsted.com.