Sales & Business Development Manager
Capitalising on the successes attained in the car and home insurance markets, we are excited to be in a position to be hiring a Sales & Business Development Manager to drive growth in new and unexplored markets.
You will evaluate opportunities, target new prospects, develop new contacts, build new relationships, and most importantly secure new subscriptions through high value negotiations.
Reporting to the Head of Data Insight in this consultative sales role, you will be expected to work towards realistic but challenging individual sales targets and build a loyal client base. You will also have a great deal of influence internally as you collaborate with the Insight Manager and Product Owner to evaluate data broking opportunities and inform the development of new services to maximise revenue.
As building meaningful and productive relationships is a key element of this role, there will be a requirement for regular face-to-face contact and external meetings. There is an expectation of travel within the UK and the role may involve participation in professional and social networking events. Knowledge of a market away from insurance would be a benefit (but not essential) and there will be an expectation to work closely with the Confused.com Commercial and Data teams.
- Maximising existing revenue streams and opening new sources of income
- Constantly seeking new opportunities to expand customer portfolio, through new account development
- Excellent commercial awareness of sector and ability to construct attractive propositions to win business
- Identifying business development opportunities by building relationships with external partner organisations
- Establishing strong and effective relationships both externally and internally with key stakeholders
- Reviewing data with an ability to articulate findings and use it to inform decision-making
- Agreement and maintenance of contractual terms. Negotiations can often be complex and may involve both internal and external legal representatives
- Understand market trading conditions and developments in the industry
Key success metrics (targets to be agreed) Personal
- Achieve revenue targets
- A proven ability to plan and execute business development strategies
- A successful track record of exceeding sales targets and opening new business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Good organisation skills, attention to detail and sound IT & numerical skills
- Regular contact with subscribers
- Awareness of competitor operations
- Support product design and inform priority
- Support innovations and developments at Confused
- Identification of new potentials
- Identification of new innovations, opportunities and ideas
- An excellent communicator
- Strong negotiator
- A balance of team working and self-starting abilities
- Confident nature and a positive attitude
- Relationship management
- Personable, professional and confident
- Commercial acumen
- Commercial and contractual negotiation skills
- Flexible approach
- Ability to evidence and prioritise
- Business case construction
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better! Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun. Come and join us we look forward to your application.
If you have any questions please email [email protected]