Principal Quantity Surveyor
(Published at 13-06-2018)
To implement commercial best practice to manage project life cycle, subcontractors, procurement, forecasting, cost management and efficiencies to maximise value and minimise risk and cost to Amey with due regards to Client Relationship Management. Support the business stream in developing and implementing commercial strategies for successfully managing post contract activities.
- Driving consistency of good valuation/commercial processes both pre-and post-Contract for contracts awarded as part of the Amey Black & Veatch Joint Venture working on Scottish Water Wastewater Infrastructure projects valued between £40-£60 m p.a.
- Lead or provide commercial support to deliver solid results across a portfolio of schemes as applicable.
- Deliver the pre and post Contract opportunity and risk process including mitigation of risk
- Develop strong working relationships and negotiate with key customer interfaces
- Delivering robust commercial solutions in all our bids
- Communicate with clients and internally to promote the aBV / Amey brand and influence an end result
- Manage upwards to Amey Head of Commercial, Account and Business Director and functionally report to aBV Head of Commercial.
- Support post contract activity by delivering solutions to discrete post contract strategic issues
- Support robust commercial processes. Work with key supply chain companies
- Commercial Degree or equivalent
- MRICS or equivalent / working towards FRICS
- Excellent Health and Safety awareness
- Strong commercial acumen
- Detailed understanding of the NEC contract conditions
- Ability to develop and recruit staff and in working with others to deliver results
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Legal understanding relevant to contracts
- Experience of delivering commercial solutions on Wastewater Infrastructure projects
- Ability to drive compliance with process and programme
- Track record of delivering good p/l
- Good negotiator who achieves their objectives
- Engages with the Amey values
- Agile and focussed commercial operator
- Behavioural Health and Safety (VFL)
You will support the Amey Black & Veatch Joint Venture in developing and implementing commercial strategies for successfully managing post contract activities; and be an ambassador for Amey and champion best practice.
Recent jobs at Amey plc