UK Mail is one the UK’s leading integrated postal operators, delivering and collecting over 3 billion mail items and 50 million parcels per annum. As part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group, we have an extensive delivery network which covers the UK and over 220 countries. We are committed to pushing the boundaries of the postal and express parcel delivery markets and aim to be the first choice for customers.
This role will control the day to day operation in the Hub in compliance with company operating policies and procedures, and promote best practice within the workforce. The successful candidate will promote and maintain good communications between the management team and employees and manage people issues including attendance, work performance, training, holiday control etc. They will manage all aspects of the Hub operation.
- Ensure that all as aspects of the operations are conducted in accordance with the Company operating procedures, meeting deadlines set.
- Review staffing levels on a regular basis to ensure these meet the needs of the business during busy trading periods. Produce staffing plans.
- Responsible for Hub appearance, particularly internal. Good housekeeping at all times.
- Hub facilities, cleanliness, cleaning regimes and fault reporting, including liaison with the Crisplant engineers on site.
- Management of all sort activity including non-machined items.
- Ensure all vehicles leave site in time to meet delivery deadlines.
- Lead the culture of Health & Safety across the Warehouse Team, leading the challenge as necessary for any non-compliant staff and visitors to the Hub.
- Control of Agency workers, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
- Control of employee absence/annual leave, following correct company processes.
- Review employee job performance against job description criteria and take appropriate action to deal with shortfalls – including driver infringements.
- Hold annual reviews as stipulated by the Company
- Review training needs for employees within the operation.
- Ensure that attendance/additional payment information is correctly collated and forwarded to Site Manager to enable weekly MASH reports to be sent to Northgate.
- Plan and set departmental objectives in line with business/individual needs.
- When required – to assist the Hub Director in all aspects of Hub Management.
To apply, candidates should be able to demonstrate: –
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sort activity effectiveness and operations management
- Proven record of improving hub performance and productivity through the provision of effective methods and strategies
- Effective resource management and planning
- Excellent communication and employee management skills
- Experience of producing and maintaining operational reports
- Experience of monitoring and managing production KPI’s
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000.00 /year