Become part of our invaluable Bank Team, working hours to work around your commitments and family time. Working in a purpose built nursing home in the centre of Winchester which support residents living with dementia.
Our Nursing Team:
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care and to work with others to promote St John’s philosophy of ‘Total Care’ of residents, maintaining their independence and dignity in as non – institutional a setting as possible.
- Provide high standards of care and ensure the best possible outcomes for each resident through regular supervision of care staff.
1. To develop with each resident an individual programme of care, assessing their needs and ensuring that the care is provided in accordance with their care plan. Reviewing and evaluating care plans on a regular basis.
2. To participate fully in the care of the residents, providing skilled nursing care enabling quality of life through the provision of effective care.
3. To ensure that prescribed drugs and treatments are correctly given in accordance with current legislation.
4. To record all relevant information promptly on the appropriate charts and forms and attending reporting sessions and staff meetings.
5. To observe and report to the Matron or Deputy Matron in charge any changes in the condition of residents.
6. To support, guide and teach the care assistants and uphold the standards of teaching given.
7. To treat all visitors and relatives with courtesy and respect, reporting any queries or complaints received promptly and recording action taken.
8. To act professionally at all times, working within the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) professional code of conduct, the Care Act 2014 and the Care Home Regulations. Provide evidence of ongoing continued professional development and demonstrate compliance and understanding of the legislative framework that the Charity operates in.
9. To keep updated on the notification procedures for the Care Quality Commission.
10. To be familiar with the fire prevention policies and procedures, knowing the part that he/she must play in the event of a fire.
11. To fully comply with the provisions of the Health and Safety Act as it affects the Home, reporting any accidents or incidents involving self, residents or visitors and reporting any faulty equipment or hazard.
12. To fully comply with the provisions for safeguarding of adults at risk and to ensure knowledge and understanding of safeguarding is current.
13. To participate in the Charity’s appraisal scheme.
14. To participate in all training as identified by training need or mandatory.
15. To undertake any other such duties and responsibilities which may fall within the purview of such a post and grade.
16. To be aware at all times of the code of confidentiality concerning residents and their affairs.
17. To comply with the Charity’s policies and procedures, in particular those regarding health and safety and safe systems.
Job Type: Temporary