Gigaclear is a fast growing, game changing builder and provider of pure fibre broadband services to residential customers and businesses in England. We have an ambition to make a significant difference to the broadband landscape in rural England and improve our customers lives through the provision of world class broadband services. Started in 2010, the company is now backed by large institutional investors and is expanding rapidly across England. With head offices based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire and a significant proportion of staff based in the field Gigaclear currently has over 200 employees and is pursuing ambitious growth plans.
The Retail Business Manager manages a small field based team comprising Business Development Managers, Business Sales Executives and a Business Telephone Executive. Peers within the Sales function include the Field Sales Manager and the Telesales Manager
Purpose of the job
To develop and manage a strong team to ensure that plans are developed and delivered to achieve business sales targets.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Own the sales business sales target and sales pipeline right down to Business Exec. Develop and build a monthly/quarterly strategy to ensure that the business sales targets are met or exceeded. Ensure team processes are developed to enable the targets to be met.
- Day to day management of Business team to ensure the development of a highly engaged, performing team, undertake 121’s, team meetings, recruitment, observations, feedback and individual development plans.
- Review and manage the BDM and the Business Executive plan – where are they and what are they doing to deliver the numbers (Pipeline). Review workload on a daily basis for the team and reposition where needed.
- Work with the sales management team to build, design and deliver Retail Sales numbers, work with marketing to deliver against the plan.
- Strategically plan the areas of focus, business parks, industrial areas etc – find the opportunities.
- Manage the relationship between Networks and Business
- Identify stumped areas as a priority to fix.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience of line management of field sales/remote teams, ability to engage and motivate staff
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of different sales techniques
- Ability to build effective relationships within the business and with customers
- Experience using Salesforce or relevant CRM system and the ability to produce reports
- Ability to communicate and influence up to senior exec level
- Sound judgement
- Good integrity
- Analytical approach, ability to understand metrics, identify trends and build strategic plans
- Strong results orientation
- Positive attitude, resilient and ability to adapt effectively to change
Qualifications & Accreditations
Ideally graduate level or relevant experience
- We are effective and passionate in what we do
- We are speedy and responsive to colleagues and customers
- We are clear and open with all
- We deliver a transformational experience
- We are in a shared endeavour and will succeed together
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000.00 to £42,000.00 /year