Multi Skilled Engineers
BBF (Hull) Limited
in Kingston upon Hull
(Published at 14-06-2018)
We are currently recruiting for Multi-Skilled Shift Engineers to join our team based in Hull. The main purpose of the role, as directed by the Engineering Shift Leader, is to carry out the day to day maintenance tasks and site repairs to assist operations in achieving maximum productivity.
- Complete fault finding, planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance.
- Carry out fault finding, problem solving and establish route cause fixes to address equipment issues. Maintain on-going communications with the operations team ensuring they are fully aware of all relevant engineering activities and schedules.
- Respond to internal customer needs to maximise production up time according to given priorities.
- Comply with food safety standards and controls to ensure all work is carried out correctly and safely.
- Record any stock removed from the Engineering stores to ensure accurate stock control.
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to promote Health & Safety and/or operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Skills and Experience
- Time served accredited apprentice or equivalent experience with appropriate certification.
- Maintenance of Engineering Systems within a manufacturing environment. Experience of a multi-skilled engineering environment.
- An ONC or HNC (or equivalent) in electrical engineering.
- Experience of working within a FMCG environment, preferably within the food industry.
- Electrically biased with electrical and mechanical fault finding ability (including electrical/pneumatic and hydraulic systems).
- A working knowledge of PLC operated equipment with the skills to maintain and monitor.
- The ability to read, follow and amend engineering drawings.
- Computer literate.
- Mitsubishi / Allen Bradley PLC and safety circuit experience. 17th edition.
- Basic health and safety qualification.
- Previous experience of working to Food Hygiene Standards.
- A working knowledge of variable speed drives and inverters.
- Knowledge of an operating workshop / tool room equipment, including welding equipment.
- Familiarity with 5S and LEAN working methodologies.
- To be tenacious and have the ability to cope under pressure.
Closing date: Friday 22nd June 2018.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £39,000.00 /year