Albert Bartlett is the UK’s leading grower and packer of potatoes, a family business established in 1948. The company supplies over 500,000 tonnes of potatoes into the UK market each year working closely with major retailers to provide a range of premium quality products. The company is involved in all stages of the potato supply, from seed and field selection, growing, harvesting, packing and marketing. Albert Bartlett potatoes are grown across the UK from Cornwall to the north of Scotland and on the Island of Jersey and operates three industry leading packing factories in Airdrie in Scotland, Boston in Lincolnshire and on Jersey.
We are looking to recruit an experienced shift electrician for our plant in Airdrie. The individual may be required to work a double shift pattern. The ideal candidate would be able to work with the minimum of supervision and have experience of the following: – p.l.c. controls, d.c. drives, electronics and frequency controllers. It would be an advantage to have experience on complex fast moving machinery. Qualified to O.N.C. level or equivalent with an electrical craft certificate. FMCG experience is not essential
As an Electro/Mechanical Engineer (Maintenance) you will be responsible for the repairs and maintenance, service to the Company site and subsidiary buildings within the area of trade competence. In addition any other duties as instructed by senior management
MAINTAIN COMPANY’S PRODUCTION PLANT, SITE FACILITIES AND SERVICES
- General workshop duties such as providing breakdown cover for the factory and carrying out general engineering tasks safely and unaided.
- Part of a technical team engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures and utility systems of buildings and maintaining grounds utilising the company preventative maintenance software systems (PEMAC).
- Maintaining an adequate level of workshop spares to meet the production requirements and contributing to stock control requirements for an allocated area.
- Completing planned maintenance work orders.
- Ensuring all auditable paper work is completed and filed correctly. * Receive and issue site/hot permits to work.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to maintenance and assist in the development of PEMAC as a preventative maintenance mechanism.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 to £32,000.00 /year