Do you have the ability and enthusiasm to manage a portfolio of key customers whilst also generating new business?
Join us and become a Key Account Manager in our Field Sales team where you’ll be responsible for managing I&C accounts. The Field Sales team operates within our sales and marketing business, which is responsible for selling power and gas contracts to mid-sized and large strategic I&C customers. As a Top Three B2B gas supplier and one of the UK’s fastest-growing renewable power suppliers, this is an exciting time to join the team.
Your key tasks will be to
- deliver on key business KPIs, including gross margin contribution
- develop a strong strategic pipeline that delivers both contracted margin and volume into the DES UK portfolio
- grow excellent relationships with key individuals within target customers, developing a good understanding of their business strategy and culture
- actively create qualified leads for the Flexibility and Energy as a Service solutions and for the external portfolio management channels, communicating and promoting the company’s key strengths and differentiators to clients and potential clients
- manage and renew a portfolio of key accounts, delivering best-in-class account management to customers.
Moreover, you’ll actively use SalesForce.com to report on pipeline and performance and successfully manage internal stakeholders both in the UK and other market units using a collaborative approach.
Your competences include that you
- ideally, are educated at degree level or equivalent
- have a strong background in strategic key account management of I&C customers in the energy sector
- have a proven ability to negotiate, and can show examples of new business development successes
- demonstrate a high level of understanding of the B2B energy market
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks.
Furthermore, you must be an excellent communicator/presenter and create good working relationships with customers, TPIs, the Field Sales team and other internal stakeholders. You must have documented experience with both commodity sales and added value services. You speak and write English fluently. You also have in-depth knowledge of the UK utilities market and look for opportunities to deliver further value for the company and its customers.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 22 June 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You’ll be home based, but are expected to travel to our London office from time to time (Victoria, Westminster) and to customer premises as well as making occasional business trips to locations within the company footprint.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 5,600 employees develop, construct and operate offshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. Ørsted Distribution & Customer Solutions’ 1,200 employees deliver state-of-the-art smart energy solutions and handle all aspects related to purchasing, selling and distributing energy. For more information on Ørsted, visit Ørsted.com.