IT Technician Apprentice
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
in Manchester M4
(Published at 12-06-2018)
Main Duties of IT Support Element:
- Support Estio group IT users on day to day IT queries.
- Prepare PCs and Laptops for Estio group IT users.
- Setup and configure iPhones/Smartphones in line with company policy.
- Help IT users and visitors with wired and wireless connectivity as appropriate, including setup of access to printers and projectors.
- Assist with purchasing new equipment, requesting quotes and receiving deliveries.
- Maintain the IT asset register and keep track of loaned equipment.
- Log and record all IT support calls, providing 1st line response and then escalating to the IT Manager according to required service levels.
- Perform specific server administration tasks as defined by the IT Manager.
- Log support issues with external suppliers and follow-up as necessary.
- Assist with ongoing IT projects and infrastructure rollouts.
- Troubleshoot issues with training team IT equipment.
- Proactively maintain Training Centre IT equipment.
- Image and Re Image training room PCs.
- Download and install software for Microsoft official courses.
- Create virtual network environments for training delivery.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Keen interest in networking and IT.
- Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems
(Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ambitious with an appetite to learn.
- Being enthusiastic, confident, positive and proactive is a must
- Pleasant and friendly manner, empathy for customers.
- Ability to communicate to colleagues and customers of all levels.
- Ability to talk to customers at all levels.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The role can offer long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
For the right candidate the opportunity to develop as an associate trainer will be encouraged. To become familiar with the skills and knowledge required to deliver entry level training sessions.
From the 1st April 2018 the NMW for apprentices increased to £3.70.
This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.