We are seeking an Associate Director who will have a specific focus on technology and development practice. This is a rapidly growing part of the Transform service lines and covers a broad spectrum from advising business on technology choices and architecture, helping organisations on how to design and improve their technology and delivery organisations all the way through to the development, implementation and support. Transform are exponents of agile approaches and methods and also the use and exploitation of Open Source.
The role will involve:
- Supporting business development – including writing proposals, defining consultancy solutions and attending client and pitch meetings alongside a sales director
- Leading client project work – owning accountability for the successful delivery of client projects to time, budget and quality
- Client account management – once a project is successfully sold, the AD role becomes account management and account development – to extend reach and opportunity within existing client
- Resourcing teams and managing the recruitment of business analysts, product owners, technical architects, solution architects and other specialist roles; both permanent and temporary
- Growing the capability in the technical consultancy, staying current with relevant systems, suppliers and approaches to digital – including but not limited to retail
- Linking into Transform sector practices (Retail, Health, Financial Services, Telecoms and Public Sector) – sharing expertise and supporting projects, identifying how to leverage client relationships and opportunities
Desired Skills and Experience
Who is the right person for us?
Transform is a people business; therefore they need a people person.
We are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of digital and experience of working with one, or several, of the following: design, web-design, web-development, mobile development, technical architecture, solution design. Experience and understanding of the solutions architecture, development lifecycle and the use of agile.
Candidates must be adaptable and inquisitive people that are looking to getting involved in other parts of the business beyond technology and into it’s application to meet clients challenges. People that can take the core of their knowledge and experience and extend this into other areas where it can help their clients excel.
You will have:
- Consultancy experience – ideally in a consultancy practice, but freelance or client-internal can be considered
- Deep understanding and familiarity with all things digital and multi-channel, understanding of how the digital business world operates and experience of existing within it
- Relationship building & good EQ skills – ability to work alongside others in a variety of roles, from leader to worker-bee and all stops in between
- Pragmatism, a well-controlled ego and a good sense of humour
- Direct experience of technology and business systems, including:
- Custom web service / site design & build, including software engineering and best practice development methodologies
- Order Management, CRM, CMS, Digital Asset Management, eCommerce, WMS, Scheduling, Stock management, Fulfillment
- Understanding of technical architecture and infrastructure, hosting and cloud
- Agile & Waterfall delivery & development methodologies
- Also interested in relevant experience in cross sectors including FS, Health, Public Sector, Media & Telecoms
Transform are looking for the right person to fit into their team, someone who can bring skills and expertise to the table and help develop their methods, experience, clients and case studies into a mature Retail technology consultancy business.
Who we are
Transform is a consulting, CX and development business, we specialise in Digital Transformation.
From strategy through to delivery, we help our clients to survive and thrive in an ever-changing, digitally disrupted world. We work with our clients to navigate the complexities of digital that occur inside and outside of the organisation. By identifying opportunities and designing services we accelerate delivery in the most effective and efficient way, combining a customer-centered approach with benefits realisation.
We are different than other consultancies, it comes through in our culture and it is commented on and appreciated by our clients.
- We deliver outcomes, not opinions
- We work with you, not alongside you
- We are pragmatic and principled
- We are challenging and never average
- We are driven by great work, not big egos.
Transform has heritage and experience across a range of sectors, and currently focus on Retail, Health, Financial Services, Telecoms and Public Sector. Our extensive client list includes Santander, Barclays, Arcadia, New Look, Maplin, O2, Sky, Bupa, Post Office, Public Health England and the Home Office to name only a few.
Transform’s approach is to work closely with our clients to define solutions alongside them in partnership rather than isolation, developing bespoke approaches to meet their needs and supporting them through to implementation and evaluation.
Our expertise extends from strategy through to design and delivery across commercial, technology and user experience projects. As part of The Engine Group, Transform combine rigour with creativity and innovation in our work, approaching problems from a new perspective and delivering tangible end results to the client and the customer.