Data Base Analyst and Administrator
Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
Data Base Analyst and Administrator
IQVIA is leading the development of a new business service, the foundation for which is a pan-European infrastructure to collect, aggregate and report on pharmaceutical product use at a patient level. Partnering with healthcare data providers this new Real World & Analytics Solutions (RWAS) initiative will develop access, aggregate and codify patient-level data sources across multiple global geographies and create a solution that will allow for enhanced strategic decision making across the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector.
The IQVIA RWAS Central Team
- Develops strategic business cases for investment in organic business growth or acquisitions
- Creates strategic thought leadership in the area of real world data, evidence and its applications
- Supports complex business development initiatives taking a leadership role around RWAS
- Runs complex new engagement types with life-sciences and healthcare clients – involving innovative approaches to RWAS, including high cost investments in data, assets and capabilities
The IQVIA RWAS team has direct access to the world’s most comprehensive information, analytical, research and consulting resources. This allows us to apply our healthcare intelligence tools and RWAS expertise to deliver deep insights into the realities of healthcare delivery, patient populations, pathway design, the effectiveness of healthcare interventions and products, and value for money. We are one of only a few organizations that integrate real-world evidence, health economics, outcomes research, consulting, and health intelligence tools at the national and international and global level across the healthcare value chain.
Job Description Overview
We are recruiting an experienced new team member who will be part of an expert technical team, responsible for the management of distributed databases and the hands-on creation of database tables as part of a European solution across a number of platforms in 7 or more countries. Key outputs include database design, security, data flows and integration, administration and building and installing databases for a number of projects focusing upon the medical, pharmaceutical and life sciences fields.
- Provides unique expertise in database analysis, administration and implementation, applied to complex healthcare-related data from disparate data sources (such as Electronic Medical Record extractions, clinical trials data and healthcare outcomes data).
- Assists in the designing and developing database systems, together with their corresponding data models and high-level information architecture working cooperatively with data architects.
- Installs, operates and optimises database implementations with consideration to performance, security, retention, recovery and availability.
- Identifies key data sources from target systems to meet project requirements, constructs data quality control solutions, provides data flow solutions, and implements conformant data warehouse designs to support high-quality reporting, analytics and BI. Provides full documentation on all of the above.
- Able to understand ETL processes for efficient data extraction from disparate clinical systems and databases.
- Manages and reviews data, including daily data extractions and updates, creates efficient queries and stored procedures, provides methods to scrub data in secure databases, designs and implements Data Dictionaries and Data Standards.
- Develops strategies for data acquisition, privacy, retention/archiving, replication, warehousing and quality.
- Establishes and maintains database and data model standards.
- May lead and direct the work of others
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of Database design, build and administration experience
- Likely to be degree educated with relevant technical certifications or equivalent proven industry experience.
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of preferably both Oracle and SQL Server databases including database internal design, administration and recovery techniques
- Extensive and advanced knowledge of database encryption & security protocols, secure systems design and operation
- Extensive experience of working with data warehouse and multi-dimensional database design and development using formal methodologies
- Exposure to system management tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Extensive and advanced knowledge of associated scripting and programming tools such as T-SQL and / or PL/SQL
- Experience of operating large scale, distributed production grade secure database environments, including storage management, backup and recovery approaches, snapshot and replication and performance review and optimization.
- Advanced and practical knowledge of various ETL tools
- Hands-on operating system level administration skills and experience, e.g Linux and Windows systems administration, BASH scripting etc.
- Awareness of EU data-protection requirements and corresponding implementation requirements
- Some prior exposure to healthcare / life sciences / clinical trials / pharma data would be an advantage but not mandatory. Experience working in a regulated industry sector is also preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A good team player
- Able to deal with complexity and abstract ideas
- Self-motivated and output-focused
- Confident and capable
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and
whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
Job ID: R1027482