Mudano is developing the autonomous project.
We capture data on projects – such as daily tasks, meeting notes, team sentiment, resource information and project progress – and use it to guide better decision-making. Using machine learning we can predict the path of a project, helping teams to foresee issues, improve productivity and deliver efficiently.
We call this Delivery Science.
What are we building?
We are building a unique software package which integrates project management tooling with data science and analytics to support teams working on large change programmes to make better project decisions and predict upcoming issues through data insight, visualisation, predictive analytics and real time reporting.
We are starting from the ground up to build a system for all project stakeholders and ensuring that at every interaction value is added, insight is communicated and efficiency is gained. There’s no use gathering information about projects if the capture of data becomes an overhead in itself.
Data is core to our business too. By analysing data from projects, our platform will highlight future issues, predict the probability of slippage and provide real sentiment analysis on project delivery.
The system is a cloud based collaboration tool, built using cutting edge open source technologies.
What would you do?
Sitting in Mudano’s data insights team as the technical lead for the PI (Proposition Integration ) team. Main deliverables will be owning technical build of prototypes defined by the consultants within the team.
Key tasks will include prioritising technical backlog, managing development, prototype releases and defect resolution.
Working with wider insights team to ensure consistent patterns used and with product team to work on productionising said prototypes. Core to the role job is to develop new prototypes including front ends and integrations with different platforms but could also potentially work on some tableau dashboards and SQL.
The Data Engineer will initially lead one junior technical resource and have access to strong technical resource across the business.
What are we looking for?
Applicant’s role will be primarily based around producing prototypes to test user interaction with new application features
The prototypes will include a front-end (may be notification, dashboard or web-based) and any back-end integrations required to operate
- Data manipulation using SQL is a must (PostgreSQL experience is a bonus)
- Some data integration experience also required (Python is a bonus)
- Web development experience is not required but would be useful in this position
- SQL: PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata etc.
- Integration: Python, R, Java
- Visualisation: D3, Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire etc.
Benefits and compensation
- Salary is between £50-65K (based on experience and skills)
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Comprehensive benefit package including private medical, wellbeing cover, discounted gym membership, and life insurance
- Pension scheme with 3% employer contribution
- Entry into our company stock option scheme
- Individual training budget and career mentoring
- 1% club – small benefits that make a big difference (i.e. monthly audible/book allowance, UBER for business)
- Edgy head-office in start-up incubator (including Thursday beer hours, networking, TED style talks, and unlimited tea/coffee and fruit)
- Choice of Mac, Windows, or Linux dual-boot and tablet
- Flexible working