The VMware Briefing Centre (VBC) offers strategic briefings that are tailored to meet the specific needs of VMware account teams and customer executives. As an integrated part of the VMware Enterprise sales cycle, executive briefings have three specific outcomes. 1) They forge stronger customer and partner relationships, 2) They build confidence and trust by highlighting the business benefits of our solutions which in turn can drive new sales opportunities and 3) They help to shorten the overall sales cycle.
The Customer Briefings Centre Coordinator is responsible for delivering the executive briefings in the pipeline, managing the pre-Briefing preparation, and the on-the-day running of the Briefing to achieve strong customer satisfaction and high-quality experience. The Centre Coordinator also manages post-Briefing communications, and the day-to-day running of the Centre in Staines, UK.
The Briefings Centre Coordinator is required to work alongside the Customer Briefings Team, Sales Teams and Briefing Speakers to deliver high-quality Customer Briefings in the UK, to plan capacity and achieve the agreed metrics (quantity & quality), as well as:
- Provide on-the-day Briefing support including Centre / Briefing Room set-up
- Welcoming Customers/Partners/Account Teams/Speakers
- Be ever-present in the Briefing Centre for questions/support on logistics and arrangements
- Manage support teams to ensure every Briefing is delivered to 100% (catering, facilities, AV, cleaning)
- Set-up and deliver content for customers at the event (or post the event) – inc. presentations
- Daily update of briefing evaluations and speaker metrics for regular reporting
- Collate briefing feedback, consolidate and feedback to the Account Teams and Speakers
- Maintain Customer Briefing Centre Calendar to manage briefing room usage
- Manage customer logistical support if required (i.e. recommendations for hotels, travel, dinner arrangements).
- Track and control devices & collateral (e.g. briefing packs)
- Track and control facility maintenance and logging of issues
- Raise purchase orders for Centre as required – collateral, floristry, etc.
- Liaise with internal/external agencies regarding facility improvements
- Reporting – feed into regular program update and quarterly stakeholder reviews
- Contribute as part of the Customer Briefing Team, and the Customer Marketing Team – ideas, innovation, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1) Essential Experience
- Ability to work under pressurized deadlines
- Problem solving capability
- Able to work in confidence with confidential matters
- Excellent English Language Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Preferred: Knowledge of B2B Enterprise Organizations, decision maker roles and responsibilities
2) Technical / Functional Skills
- Strong Microsoft Office 365 suite skills
- Preferred: High level of understanding of VMware technologies
3) Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills
The Briefings Centre Coordinator must be a team player and have excellent cross company collaboration capability. The role requires the need be able to influence and communicate at all levels of the business, across regions and have exceptional organizational skills. This role is customer facing so strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Effective communication skills both verbal & written
- Good time management
- Ability to ensure that others deliver what is expected on time
- Self-starter who works on own initiative
- Ability to energize teams & drive motivation
- Experience working within a Sales/Marketing environment.
- Proven ability to deliver projects accurately & on time
Key Success Criteria
- Smooth running of end to end customer briefings
- Delivery of a consistent experience across briefings
- Excellent relationships with Account Teams
- Achievement of targets for VMware Briefing Centre operations
- Achieve agreed number of briefings and customer satisfaction level
- Managing multiple tasks & priorities
- Building relationships across a range of individuals, regions and areas of the business