Job title: Business Development Manager: Technical (Hazardous Waste)
Location: South Wales, South West and Midlands. Ideally located within 1 hour of Cardiff
Salary & Package: Negotiable depending on experience OTE £60,000, plus company car and pension
Forward Waste Management is a dynamic and focused company providing innovative and value added waste management services, primarily focused towards the manufacturing sector.
Privately owned and established for nearly 20 years, the company is a successful formation of three trading divisions achieving £8m annual revenue through a 40 strong team of highly competent and dedicated qualified waste managers, engineers and support staff. We serve an enviable client list of well-known blue chip brands, our fast paced, service excellence led business always looking to stay ahead of industry trends and competitors. The company currently manages a wide array of disciplines including sales, marketing, service delivery and contract management through a combination of in-house and outsourced truck fleet facilities and fully licensed waste transfer operations. The company also manages its own sizeable equipment rental fleet, supported by integral workshop facilities equipped for a wide range of welding and fabrication, refurbishment and repair services, from its 50,000 sq. ft. facility based at Cardiff.
Reporting directly to the Sales Director, the role will entail all aspects of business generation from medium to large commercial / industrial hazardous waste clients.
Duties will include:
- Prospect account generation and analysis * Conducting hazardous site waste audits and surveys * Proposal writing and presentation to companies
- Supporting the Account Managers through auditing existing customer accounts. * Sales management reporting against defined sales and contribution targets and KPI’s
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous successful sales experience within hazardous waste management is essential.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, being able to construct and present clear and compelling business cases
- Negotiation at all levels of an organisation, especially at Board level
- Degree qualified or equivalent within chemistry or chemical engineering.
The Ideal Candidate
- A fully qualified industrial chemist or chemical engineer
- Experienced Technical Sales experience within the hazardous waste management industry or another closely related field
- Able to think laterally in order to prescribe and deliver innovative ideas and initiatives in line with clients objectives
- Produce targeted results to specific deadlines within a fast paced working environment
- Inquisitive and incisive with a lateral thinking attitude
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be able to negotiate and conduct business at Board level
- Clear communicator with the aptitude to gain trust and confidence of both clients and colleagues
- Focused on and aware of attention to detail
- Able to work unsupervised and to successfully complete tasks within tight deadlines.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Please note that all information received by Forward Waste Management as part of the recruitment process will be deleted and / or destroyed after 3 months from when you are sent the outcome of your application. If you would like us to retain your details and application information on file after this period for any future potential roles please contact the HR Department to confirm your consent. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time by way of emailing.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent