Apprentice Care Assistant
AMSON CARE LTD
in Norwich NR13
(Published at 12-06-2018)
General duties will include:
- Supporting residents in all aspects of their daily needs
- Assisting with domestic duties and tasks, i.e. making beds, washing up, serving food and drinks
- Assisting with some personal care needs, i.e. assisting with hearing aids, dressing and washing
- Assisting with leisure activities
- Supporting residents with their decision making
- Reading and recording information/facts into care plans
- Communicate verbally and written with families/health workers/services
- Working within the team to promote the values and ethos of our organisation
- Maintaining confidentiality and following the Data protection Act is important and understanding when and to whom to disclose information too.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
The Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard training programme is primarily delivered in the workplace unless, should you not possess suitable concession qualifications, you are required to attend college to undertake Functional Skills Qualifications.
You will have the following skills:
- Good communication and people skills
- Good listening skills
- Ability to follow guidance and instructions
- A reasonable level of fitness
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to record data accurately with attention to detail
You will need to be:
- Patient, understanding and caring in nature
- Willing to get involved in practical activities
- Friendly and helpful in manner
- Respectful and always treat others with dignity
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Flexible in your approach to work and adaptable to change
- Hardworking and keen to develop your skills
- Able to work well as part of a team
A minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grade D or above (or the equivalent) including English and maths.
As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required.
It is intended that – providing you successfully complete your apprenticeship – you will become a permanent member of staff.
Applicants will need to be fit as the job demands a lot of standing and physical activity.
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory medical, police and reference checks, prior to appointment, and you will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application form and identity evidence must be provided.
The job is in a location where transport will need to be considered.