Advanced Electrical/Electronic Apprentice
in Middlesbrough TS9
(Published at 13-06-2018)
Earn while you learn in a real job, gaining a National qualification and a real future. This role is based and forms part of our North East Business unit where successful candidates will form integral parts of our site based delivery teams. Working with a mentor, you will learn specific skills in the work place, duties include:
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of Platting engineering skills and processes whilst under the instruction of skilled technical staff
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team
- To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving academic grades and practical skills in order to entitle your progression
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and Safety within the workplace
- To develop skills to manufacture and construct engineered components with precision within the chemical industries
- Maintaining logbooks which record projects and skills developed over the duration of the Apprenticeship period
- To act and represent the company in a professional manner at all times, whether on or off project assignments
- To continuously demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm in performing duties appropriate to the grade of Apprenticeship type
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Can work to timescales
- Applicants will have at least as a minimum National 5 qualifications or above in Maths, English and one from Physics, Graphic Communication, Craft design or Technological Studies
- Eligible candidates will have grade C or above in Maths and English and one of the listed above qualifications
- Have good hands on experience evidenced through the completion of Craft and Design or similar work either in school, or outside of school
- Mature candidates must evidence their experience or their desire to change career
Job progression within this world leading organisation is a possibility depending on the company circumstances upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start dates are all subject to change.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Individuals are able to undertake an Apprenticeship at a higher level than the qualification they already hold, including any previously completed Apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an Apprenticeship at the same level, or a lower level as long as the new Apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or Apprenticeship.
For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an Apprenticeship at a preceding level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if your application has been progressed to the next stage, you will be contacted by a member of the recruitment team to complete a telephone interview so please expect to receive a call from us. This is a mandatory part of the recruitment process with Northern Skills Group.
Recent jobs at Fabricom Engie