Activities Coordinator (Haythorne Place)
Roseberry Care Centres
(Published at 14-06-2018)
This job description is a statement of the core duties of the Activities Co-Ordinator, but it is not an exhaustive list. The Company may revise this job description to meet the needs of the business and reserves the right to require you to perform other duties from time to time.
The post holder will plan and implement activities appropriate to Clients’ needs and requests, and assist the Home Manager to organise fundraising events.
- Help service users to socialise within the care centre, and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling and individual programmes, and encourage service users to maintain pre-existing hobbies.
- Encourage other staff members, relatives and friends to participate in the care centre’s activities.
- Accompany service users, where possible, to off-site activities which may occasionally take place outside normal working hours.
- Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual service users within the care centre.
- Assist with fund-raising and budgeting for entertainments, materials and outings.
- Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documentation, and assist the Named Carer to review and update service user care plans.
- Discuss the aims and objectives of recreation therapy with other staff members.
- Report any changes in service users’ physical or emotional condition to the Home Manager or Person in Charge.
- Provide comfort and company, on a one-to-one basis, for service users who are unable to undertake any form of activity.
- Arrange and participate in staff and service user meetings, as and when required.
- Assist the Home Manager when interviewing relevant volunteers and assistant staff members, and supervise their work, in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Actively market the care centre and promote a positive personal and professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the care centre at all times.
Training & Development
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Ensure all staff members know how to use appropriate equipment.
Health & Safety
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any accident or near miss incurred by a service user, colleague, self or another.
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Centre.
- Ensure the security of the Care Centre is maintained at all times
- Always act in a manner which respects and promotes the confidentiality of Service Users, Staff and any other involved parties.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
- You may be required to perform other duties within your capacity, according to the needs of the business.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £7.83 /hour
Recent jobs at Roseberry Care Centres