The 24×7 team works shifts covering 24×7, 365 days per year, monitoring the Claranet systems and dealing with customers.
This team is the primary contact for Claranet UK customers out of hours and are exposed to a range of services and technologies including a wide range of private circuits, MPLS, Load balancers, Cisco routers, Juniper Firewalls, hosting technologies (Windows/Linux/VMware) and telephony.
The team is also responsible for the proactive management of customer solutions using output from monitoring systems to identify incidents and maintain service.
- Act as Claranet’s Service Desk outside of core business hours
- Respond to alerting
- Manage support tickets in the teams’ ownership
- Ensure customer needs are met, communicating with customers at the highest standards, working within the defined SLAs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will work in a shift team within the Customer Services department. The role will be focused on a number of duties including monitoring and troubleshooting customer solutions as issues arise, and ensuring that customer satisfaction and solution availability are at the highest levels. Customer communication must adhere to the standards set out and tickets completed/resolved within SLA. The supported services include domains, SSL VPN, MPLS, Load balancers, Cisco routers, Juniper Firewalls and hosting technologies (windows/Linux/Virtual Data Centre).
- Ensure that the highest levels of service are delivered to Claranet’s customers.
- Providing telephone and ticketing based customer support
- Assess the impact and urgency of tickets and gather the appropriate information for the type of request
- Take responsibility for the resolution of all customer issues raised, ensuring that customers are updated within agreed SLA’s and that all issues are resolved as efficiently as possible.
- Maintain accurate records of activities completed throughout the lifecycle of a ticket (ticket history)
- Escalate issues as appropriate and ensure customer expectations are met through responsibility and accountability
- Ensure that the highest levels of service are delivered to Claranet’s customers
- Liaising with third party suppliers to ensure that changes are resolved within the correct time frames according to the product service level agreements.
- Work closely with the Customer Services team to maintain service excellence
- Proactively develop documentation and knowledgebase increasing the knowledge across teams and improving first point of contact resolution
- Develop a good understanding and technical expertise across Claranet’s entire product catalogue
- Resource for project work
- Support continued improvement of team process and customer experience
- Follow industry standards i.e. ISO and PCI-DSS
- Adhere to strict process and procedure, including Claranet’s change management processes
- Provide training to develop team members through good product knowledge, passion and commitment
- Liaise directly with Engineering teams in order to further develop troubleshooting processes
- Take responsibility for all out of hours duties including stack management, PRs and planned engineering work communication.
- Provide remote hands and eyes services to all Claranet Departments and its customers.
- Troubleshoot and repair of hardware faults and the installation of spares or components as required.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the delivered solutions fulfil the customer’s requirements.
- Carry out physical checks and audits as required by the business and its customers.
- Proven record of accomplishment in providing customer support
- Previous ISP, Managed Service or Telecoms experience Relevant industry qualifications
- Experience working in an ITIL environment
- Ability to translate technical language into user friendly information
- Good understanding of Claranet’s products and services
- Able to act decisively under pressure
- Highly motivated, pragmatic and energetic team player, positive, determined and driven with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good understanding of IT Service Management
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment in terms of volume and intensity of activity.
- Holds a relevant technical qualification
- A thorough understanding of the majority of the following technologies:
- TCP/IP routing protocols
- Leased Lines (Copper and Fibre)
- Telephony (Traditional and VoIP)
- Network Design
- Load Balancing
- Email (SMTP and POP mail delivery)
- Microsoft Exchange Server infrastructure
- Domain Names and DNS Management
- Anti-Virus and Web Security services