Duties of this position include:
– Loading and unloading a variety of metals
– Heavy equipment operation including material shredders
-Monitoring plant equipment performing necessary running repairs as required
– Working alongside order pickers to ensure completion of task
– You will be working straight nights Monday through Friday 5pm-3:30am with 10 hours of overtime per week
– $18.87-$22.93 per hour with first review after 6 months in the position
-Unionized environment with heavy focus on internal development with staff encompassed of long-term employees
– Benefits: After 6 months, you will receive company-paid medical coverage, dental coverage, chiropractic coverage, as well as physiotherapy coverage
– Vacation: 2 weeks paid vacation accrued annually. Vacation is prorated and dependent on start date. Fiscal year to begin in December.
– Pension: After 1 year, you will be eligible for a 3% company-matching pension
– Overtime readily available
– Long term employment with the opportunity to grow and develop skills with the company
– Previous experience operating heavy equipment including material shredders
– Previous experience working specifically with metal loading and unloading is considered an asset
– Ability to work in physically demanding environments with heavy lifting involved
– Strong communication skills with supervisors as well as other colleagues
– Must have strong attention to detail, time management, and organization skills
– High focus on overall safety and awareness of each team member to ensure work site is running smoothly
– Ability to work overtime consistently for the foreseeable future
Ways to apply:
– Apply directly on this site
– Go to our website at www.randstad.ca, create a profile and apply directly
– Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of the position in the subject line.
– Drop off a resume at our office at 245 Portage Avenue between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
– Fax us your resume to (204) 943-0954
Did you know Randstad has a Facebook group for jobs in Winnipeg? Add yourself to the group and be the first to find out about our latest opportunities! Copy and paste the following link in your browser and we’ll see you there!
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.